Monday 7 October 2013

Rice Kheer - Rice Pudding - Rice Payasam


Ingredients:

½ cup rice
4 cups whole milk
½ cup sugar
3-5 saffron strands
1 tsp crushed cardamom
2 tbsp sliced almonds
1 tsp ghee


Wash and soaked rice in water for ½ hour. Heat the ghee in a frying pan on medium heat, add the rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the milk, cook until the rice is tender and the milk is creamy and reduced to about half. Stir often. Add the sugar, saffron, cardamom, almonds and let simmer for a few more minutes. Turn off the heat. Serve chilled.

11 comments:

  1. that's a yummy kheer... please pass on one glass for me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who can resist this soothing delicacy . All time fav ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious and totally irresistible....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post... I'm not much into sweets, yet I enjoy kheer forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow very very creamy and delicious kheer :) they are making me drool here !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very yummy....love made by mom and yours is very tempting!!!

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for your time to visit my blog. Your comments are my inspiration. Criticism and suggestions are always welcome.